Purchased/Referred Care (PRC) is a federally funded program that acts as a last resort for payment of medical care when it is referred out from Pokagon Health Services. PRC can cover a wide range of services such as eye exams, mammograms, colonoscopies, MRIs, hospital stays, surgeries, and pregnancy care.
Referrals are obtained:
- For emergencies, when care is reported within 72 hours of treatment
- For non-emergencies before treatment, through a PHS provider or referral specialist
- Enrolled citizens of the Pokagon Band or non-native woman pregnant with a Pokagon child in the ten-county service area,
- Established with Pokagon Health Services
- Has applied for, or been denied, other coverage.
Rodgers Lake Campus
58620 Sink Road
Dowagiac, MI 49047
Monday – Friday | 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Shawnee Owen (A-L) Coralee Graham (M-Z)
(269) 462-4421 (269) 462-4407
PRC Cards & Bills After Hours
Carlee Maddox (269) 782-4141
Eligibility, Benefits and Prior Authorization